Attracting visitors to your website is not a cup of tea for everyone. People think making content and publishing it is enough to enjoy a higher rank on the search engine but in reality, there is so much more to the picture. You have to be aware of a couple of things like SEO Audit Services, on-page SEO, off-page SEO, headers, links, and so on.
You might not be aware of these things and their impact on your website so to ease the journey for you here are a few things that will help you to know about on-page SEO.
Before moving ahead with the discussion the very first thing to know about is what is on-page SEO?
On-page SEO is the process of optimising individual content pages to improve search rankings and drive targeted visitors. It offers strategies for improving a single page’s ranking for a primary keyword.
While on-page SEO is concerned with optimising a particular piece of content, it is aided by other SEO techniques. It’s possible that on-page SEO alone won’t be enough to get a page to rank. If you want a page of content to rank, you’ll also need an off-page and technical SEO strategy to make your total site more appealing to search engines.
Let’s get started with the on-page SEO checklist. Without any further ado, it is time to dive in.
- Perform keyword research
Keywords are the most relevant part to optimise your page or website. Keywords help Google to look at the relevance of the content according to the user search. The main goal should be finding the appropriate keywords for the content.
There are three things to know about the process of choosing the right keywords.
- Check the relevant keywords for the content according to the theme.
- Check whether your target audience is searching by those keywords or not.
- The last thing to check is whether your website is optimised enough to handle the competition and rank higher.
Song with the above-mentioned details you have to retain a couple of more details for your checklist such as:-
- Low competitive keywords
- Long-tail keywords
- Try to find solid keywords
- Choose one primary keyword
The next thing on your list should be choosing one primary keyword. Assign your keyword to one page of material on your website once you’ve decided on it. Make a new content editorial calendar and add a goal keyword to each page.
A single primary keyword should never be used on more than one page of your website’s content. When you use the same phrase on many pages, you risk keyword cannibalization, which occurs when search engines don’t know which page is more significant and hence rank neither.
- On-page SEO checklist
This point is all about how you are going to get the most out of on-page SEO. There are a couple of things that you need to know when it comes to on-page SEO and those things are:-
- Include the keyword in the URL – This step will inform google about your page and this will lead to a higher ranking of your page.
- Use short URL – Your try should be to keep the URL of your page as short as possible as it is observed that short URLs rank higher than the longer ones.
- A front-load your keyword in the title – It’s no mystery that your keyword should be in the title tag. However, not everyone realises that the placement of your term is crucial. When at all possible, insert your keyword in the first few words of your title tag.
To have better results you can even think of hiring professionals who can give SEO Audit Services to analyse the whole scenario.
- Create interesting content
When it comes to content then this is no hard science as everyone knows google doesn’t like plagiarism. So, if you are planning to ace the content part then keep the below-mentioned things in your mind for the best results.
- Keep your content original – Always go with original content as that can rank higher rather than copy content. You might get penalised if you copy from other sites or even already published content by yourself.
- Ideal word count – Word count always depends upon the niche, target audience, and so on. But the content should be more than 300 words. It is observed that you should keep the length of your content around 800 words.
- Write high-quality content – Even while creating SEO material for the aim of ranking, keep in mind that your readers should always come first. Produce valuable, useful, and well-written content of the highest caliber.
- Add links
The last thing that should be on your checklist is whether your page has relevant and valuable links. This step is going to generate traffic for your page or website and that is your ultimate goal
So, these are five amazing things to improve your on-page SEO. follow these now and get the desired results for your website. Your business is all set to flourish only if you make some changes in your approach. Never forget optimization is the key to gaining more customers.